Friday, February 11, 2011

SIX DAYSSSSSSSS !

WELL HELLO THERE ! :)

I only have SIX DAYS until I move onto the campus of the lovely American Musical and Dramatic Academy!  I cannot wait to start my adventure!  I'm still preparing...buying things I'll need and so on and so forth and each day brings with it, a new level of anticipation.

I want to let you all know what to expect when reading this blog on a weekly basis.  I'm going to be discussing topics such as, my academic standing, my highs and lows, and things of that nature.  I want to make sure that I do not neglect the village that has helped raise me and shape me into the individual that I am, and will have a part in the success of the near future :)

Something that may inspire you for this week :) We all have moments or even whole periods of time when we forget how wonderful we are, how capable we are, and how much we've accomplished within our lifetime.  I had a few moments this week when I was intimidated by the process to come and I stopped to remind myself of how wonderful, capable, and accomplished I am.  I have done great things throughout the 17 (almost eighteen) years of my existence.  There was, however, one specific moment that encouraged me this week.  For those of you who don't know, I am currently working as a teacher's assistant to an after school tutor.  I won't be able to continue my work when I start school and I announced that at our last session.  The kids in the session all stopped and said, "Oh no!  You can't leave us! Please stay!"  That moment reminded me that I am indeed making an impact on the world, and in the lives of some young children.  I began to think about other, similar moments in which my faith in my excellence (through God) was renewed.  I feel like I can conquer the world!  I'm sure SOMEONE who views this is currently feeling the weight of the world on their shoulders and so I ask...What makes you wonderful, capable, and accomplished?

Bright Smiles,

Talayne Jasmine-Josey Gardiner
allfearsaside@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment